home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 6 November 2020

3 Ways to Decorate Wood Slice Ornaments

Today I'm sharing three ways to decorate wood slices to make Christmas ornaments.

First up is an old favourite; painting a winter scene. I've made many decorations this way which you can see here. I just search 'winter scene' into Google to find pictures for inspiration and then get to work with acrylic paints.


Next up I went for some word art. I used black ready mixed paint on the background, which allowed the wood grain to show through, and then used a gold Sharpie for the words. Watch the video below to see how I got the writing so neat!


For the third design I made an image transfer using a gel medium and a photo from my wedding. Any excuse to use those photos!

Check out the video below for a detailed how-to of how I made these ornaments.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...