home aboutme myart books shop

Monday 23 September 2019

What I Wore for my Wedding

Photo: Paul Summerfield
Let's talk about my wedding dress.

I first saw this dress a good 3 months before Andrew and I were even engaged. I just wanted to know what was out there for when the time came.

It was on the Dorothy Perkins website in their bridal section, which I didn't even know was a thing, for only £80! If it had been in my size I would have ordered it straight away.

Photo: Paul Summerfield

I kept looking around at other dresses, we did then get engaged, and then I found out the Dorothy Perkins dress was on sale! It still wasn't in my size but I ordered the next size up knowing I'd have to get it altered. But since the dress was only £67 I'd have plenty to spend on alterations.

Photo: Paul Summerfield
I found a nice lady in my town who came to my house for the fittings and then took the dress away with her. £40 later and the dress fit.
My thrifty side was thrilled with a wedding dress for just over £100, and I was not ashamed to tell pretty much every guest at the wedding about the price tag.

After looking for some plain, white shoes with not too high of a heel, and failing, I took my sister's recommendation and went to Deichman where I found the perfect pair, in the sale, for only £8.99!
My glitzy bridemaid Lizzi thought they could do with a bit of bling to make them more special for the wedding and bought me a pair of shoe clips from Filigree Bridal on Etsy.

Photo: Paul Summerfield
For my accessories I found this dainty necklace in Accessorize for the grand total of £4. Another sale item! My hair clip is actually a brooch that belonged to my Grandma, which I attached a hair grip to with wire. She passed away over 10 years ago so it was nice to have a little tribute to her on the day, and, if I was going for tradition, it would definitely have been the something old.

Photo: Paul Summerfield

 I got lots of compliments about my dress and I'm very pleased with my choice. Especially since it got up to 33 degrees on the day so I was thankful for a light and airy dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...