home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Quick Painting: Stonehaven

I made this painting as a little break from sewing all the dogs
I keep a folder of my photos that I think might make good paintings so when I decided I wanted to do a little painting I just picked an image out from there.

The picture is of Dunnottar Castle in Stonehaven, near Aberdeen. I visted there two years ago with my cousin and friend as my cousin went to university in Aberdeen. The trip was something of a castle tour as we hit up three in two days during our visit.

To create the painting I roughly sketched out the image on to water colour paper before painting it. I then went over the painting with colour pencil to add more details.
See the video below for the whole process.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...