home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Painted Baubles

I started painting baubles when I was at uni and every couple of years I add a new bunch to my stock. They're a good item to have on my craft stalls as they draw people's attention. They usually can't believe that I painted them.

I usually work on at lest two baubles at a time so a layer of paint can be drying on one while I work on the other. I pop on a podcast (usually This American Life) and flick between the internet tabs I have open of images found by googling something like 'winter scene'.

I use acrylic paint on plastic baubles. I've found matt, silver ones are best as they're the closest to a white blank canvas, and the paint sticks better to matt plastic rather than shiny.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - these are unbelievably gorgeous!!! I've never thought about doing this (I'm still not sure that I will attempt it because mine will come out looking like a huge mess, haha!) Love your work :)

    xo Beca Jade | www.becajade.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...