home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 14 October 2015

My Second Book

I made another book!
May I present to you 'Louisiana Ludgate and the Lollipops'.
I got the idea for this book before I'd even finished my first one, but I waited until the summer holidays to start working on it. I did the bulk of the illustrations in one week, but then I went on holiday and hadn't finished writing the story and found it hard to get back into it, which is why I've only just finished it now.

Writing this book was more difficult because I decided to make it a rhyming book, something which seemed like a good idea at the time. It was easy to start off with but then it turns out rhymes which would be acceptable in a rap song won't cut it in a children's book, so there was a bit of re-writing that I had to do.

But back to the illustrations, which was the fun part! This one is my favourite.
I used the same technique as I did with my first book; drawing out the picture, painting with water colours, then adding detail with colour pencil.


This book is available to buy on Amazon. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...