home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 7 January 2014

A Gift for Grandad

These were one of the gifts we gave my Grandad for Christmas.
Earlier in the year he had got all his old cinefilms digitized and we received copies of the files.
I love watching my Dad's speech at my parents wedding. He does not.

 When I started putting all my videos on to DVD collections my Mum thought it would be a good idea to do the same thing for my Grandad with his videos.
We grouped the videos into four categories and then I started the task of burning them onto DVDs.
This took a long time as the files are really big which slowed down the computer programme and their format doesn't work on my laptop so I had to use my Mum's when she wasn't busy.
But I got them finished before Christmas.

I designed the DVD covers using stills from the videos and listed all the clips on the back.

My Grandad loved them and we watched the disc with family Christmases on Christmas afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Awww... That's a really nice idea. It's a lot better than it all being stored on the computer with limited access. Plus you could cut out the bad bits !
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...