home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 10 December 2010

Not so negative



I've been experimenting with negatives from photos developed years ago. I took photos of them using the macro setting on my camera - I did try just scanning them in but they came out fuzzy. Then I inverted the colours on the computer. Most picture programmes can do this. 

And it's like seeing a new photo.
This one's from 2002

Then I played around with the transparency of negatives. I put some sequin stars behind this one before taking a photo of it,which came out white once I'd inverted the colours.


With this one I put different coloured sweet wrappers behind the negative which created interesting textures.

1 comment:

  1. this is such a cool idea :) I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...